Thank you for your letter and the parcel with all the delicious goodies….
…I invited some friends over this past weekend for lunch and I made this little salad for a starter. It reminded me of home and early summers in your garden. Everybody loved the combination of crab with kiwi and I got so many compliments, I almost felt like a renowned chef! It is light which had everybody enjoying their chocolate dessert with full gusto! I am amazed at how many men are keeping an eye on their weight! I am sure you and Dad will love it too….
With much love from me.”
“Oh, and by the way, could you send me some recipes on healthy summer lunches; there’s this new cute guy at the tennis club I need to impress…”
Kiwi and crab salad
- 6 kiwis
- 2 cans of crabmeat
- grated rind of one lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- toasted sesame seeds
- a few sprigs of chives
- a few chervil leaves
- a few crushed red pepercorns(optional)
- salt and pepper
- Cut the tops off the kiwis, remove the flesh with a spoon and dice finely. Turn the hollowed out kiwis upside down on toweling paper to drain.
- Drain the crab meat and add to the diced kiwi. (Don’t use all the kiwi flesh if it seem too much)
- Add the lemon juice, lemon rind, chopped herbs and toasted sesame seeds to the crab meat. Season to taste
- Fill the kiwis with the crabfilling and decorate with a sprig of chervil and a sprinkling of crushed red peppercorns.
Alternative: serve the crab salad on a bed on mixed salad leaves or on slices of toasted baguettes.