I love tomatoes baked to a confit in the oven. I also love dessert. So serving tomatoes as a dessert is nothing strange A creamy faisselle (quark/cottage cheese) locally made, some cherry tomatoes drizzled liberally with honey, sprinkled with chopped fresh mint and roasted in the oven to caramelize, is a perfect cheese/dessert to round off a meal. I added in season cherries to add some seasonal spirit. It is a recipe with so many variations. I hope you’ll play around with it and come up with combinations that you love.
- Use enough cherry tomatoes, because it shrinks away a lot during the roasting process.
- Use maple syrup instead of honey.
- Add other red berries of your choice instead of cherries.
- Serve the roasted tomatoes with a thick creamy yoghurt instead of the faisselle(quark/cottage cheese).
- Serve the tomatoes in a little bowl on a cheese platter with an assortment of cheese for a buffet.