At the end of every summer I have the disappointed feeling that I haven’t had enough of the summer fruits and then I go into a frenzy to get my qoata for the season in. And so we have a last chance to indulge in all the summer fruits, especially the peaches and nectarines, the watermelons and melons. All of them my favorite fruits.
If you haven’t had roasted fruit before, you are truly missing out on a great experience. It is so simple so make and brings out the best of a fruit in a different way.
There is no formal recipe for this dessert. I used a mix of peaches and nectarines.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Use 2 peaches per person. Wash and cut each peach in half. You can remove the seed or leave some in.
- Place the peach halves in a roasting tin.
- Spoon some honey into the peach hamlves, drizzle liberally with lemon juice, sprinkle some fleur de sel and add lemon slices to the peaches.
- Add lemon thyme branches to the peaches.
- Roast at 200 degr C for about 15 minutes. Stick under the grill fora further 3 minutes if they aren’t browned enough to your liking.
- Serve warm with créme fraîche of vanilla ice cream.
Pincée de sel:
- Use plums or figs instead of peaches.
- Use brown sugar or maple syrup instead of honey.
- Make a vanilla syrup of 1/2 cup water, vanilla pod and 3TBSP sugar . Leave to boil down to a syrupy consistency and add to the peaches along with cream. Omit the herbs.