Vegetables are part of our every day healthy diet, right? Five portions of different fruit and veggies every day. Yes, that is what we are advised here in France. I try my best to adhere to that..in any case, we love fruit and we love our vegetables. On the menu here are thus some carrots of all colours served with Greek yoghurt and a sauce flavoured with orange flower water.
Pincée de fleur de sel:
- Serve the carrots warm in fall and winter as a starter on individaul plates.
- Serve cold with salad leaves in summer.
- The sauce can be kept in the fridge for about two weeks.
- Add orange juice to the sauce with the vinegar and reduce to a syrup.
- Use an orange flower honey if possible, but otherwise a wildflower honey can work too.
..parsnips can serve as “white carrots”..
..when using young and organic carrots, it isn’t necessary to peel, only wash and use..
*recipe adapted from “Les légumes de Monsieur Wilkinson; Matt Wilkinson.
Like the carrots, my chickens are rainbow coloured too. And I adore them, no doubt about that. Every day is a story that unfolds before me from the morning to the evenings when silence dawns finally on the chicken coop.
..keeping an eye on the cooking in the barn kitchen…
..aren’t I pretty with all my colours..?
..I am the epitome of elegance, in case you haven’t noticed..
..life looks interesting from up here..
..Where are those hens again..!
..Don’t mess with our corner..!
à la prochaine fois