Salads are in. On their own or as a side dish, they are at the order ofthe day. It is summer, says the weather! This courgette salad couldn’t be easier or more delicious. It has ingredients that everybody loves, is in season and takes almost no time in preparing.
- Wash and slice 3 courgettes in sizes of your choice. Place in an ovenproof dish, drizzle liberally with olive oil, sprinkle with fresh thyme and bake at 180 degrees C for about 30 minutes. Leave aside to cool down completely.
- Arrange some salad leaves of your choice onto a plate. Add the cold courgette mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with crumbled feta, dry roasted pine nuts and serve with a balsamic vinaigrette.
- Serve with grilled chicken.
Serves 4 people
Pinch of salt:
- Add chopped spring onions to the salad.
- Add a handful of chopped mint to the salad and omit the thyme.
- Replace the courgettes with asparagus.
- Add some cooked sliced chicken for a complete meal.