Everybody knows how to make a tomato pasta. And everybody has their own way of making it. Here is mine. Or one version of it, because of course there are several different ways of eating tomatoes or tomato sauce on pasta. Im not giving a formal recipe, it all comes down to taste and preference.
- Start by making the sauce: Peel and slice 1 large onion. Fry in some olive oil until caramelized. Add one 400 g can of peeled tomatoes. Add one 200 g can of tomato coulis. Add two TBSP of balsamic vinegar and a drizzle of freshly squeezed lemon juice.. Season with salt and pepper. Let it simmer for about 20 minutes to reduce the sauce until thick.
- Boil fresh or a packet of spaghetti for 4 people according to the instructions. Fresh pasta takes two minutes to be al dente. Drain and pour into a large serving bowl.
- Pour the sauce ove the pasta. Shred a handful of basil leaves onto the pasta and drizzle with some olive oil.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan.
Serves 4 people
- I prefer to serve the tomato sauce with either fresh spaghetti or fresh linguine.
- Add a tsp of sugar if you prefer a slightly sweeter sauce.
- If you use fresh tomatoes, peel the tomatoes first and make the cooking time a bit longer.
- You can also add some tomato paste to the sauce for a deeper tomato taste.
Winter in Provence.
Saint Saturnin les Apt. This is our town and here are a few images of it in winter. Provence is quiet in winter with most places closed. But that doesn’t take away from its beauty.
Village house in St Saturnin les apt
Joseph Talon, the father of Trufficulture
la mairie de St Saturnin les Apt
One thought on “Tomato pasta”
I WILL TRY YOUR SAUCE VERSES MY SAUCE,,,,,,,,,yours sounds DELICIOUS!
Comments are now closed.