I love tomatoes baked to a confit in the oven. I also love dessert. So serving tomatoes as a dessert is nothing strange A creamy faisselle (quark/cottage cheese) locally made, some cherry tomatoes drizzled liberally with honey, sprinkled with chopped fresh mint and roasted in the oven to caramelize, is a perfect cheese/dessert to round off a meal. I added in season cherries to add some seasonal spirit. It is a recipe with so many variations. I hope you’ll play around with it and come up with combinations that you love.
- Use enough cherry tomatoes, because it shrinks away a lot during the roasting process.
- Use maple syrup instead of honey.
- Add other red berries of your choice instead of cherries.
- Serve the roasted tomatoes with a thick creamy yoghurt instead of the faisselle(quark/cottage cheese).
- Serve the tomatoes in a little bowl on a cheese platter with an assortment of cheese for a buffet.
5 thoughts on “Cottage(Quark) cheese with honey roasted tomatoes.”
This looks so good! Beautiful photos. Thank you for posting it.
This is one of those dishes that just begs to be included with other things. It should be a basic for summer. Thanks Ronelle.
A delicious and refreshing dessert! I love quark.
GORGEOUS…………..tomatoes here not as good as yours yet!
I don’t know how I missed this recipe of yours, Just scrolled down my own blog and saw this on my sidebar. Brilliant … I’ll use it for the plum tomatoes I bought at the market yesterday. with some thick Greek yogurt I have in the fridge. By now, I’m sure your pool is finished, and you’re enjoying it during this hot weather 🙂
Comments are now closed.