This is a quick starter, popular with everybody. It can be played up or down, with more vegetables added, or less or different ingredients. Instead of the pine nuts, pumpkin seeds can be added, in which case a roasted pumpkin seed oil would be perfect. Be sure to serve it with the courgettes still warm. A great dish for spring and summer, served on a hot spring day or a summer evening, while watching the sun fall away slowly below the horizon.
Courgette feta salad
- Olive oil, rosemary salt (or any other herbed salt)
- Four courgettes
- salad leaves – rocket, watercress, batavia…
- a handful of roasted pine nuts (or roasted flaked alomonds)
- feta cheese
- olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- teaspoon of dark honey
- Preheat the oven to 200 degr. C.
- Wash and slice the courgettes on the diagonal.
- Plce in and oven dish, sprinkle with olive oil and rosemary salt. Roast in the the oven until nicely caramelized.
- Place a mixture of washed and dried salad leaves on 4 plates.
- Serve the still warm courgettes on the salad leaves and top with crumbled feta cheese and dry roasted pine nuts (or almond flakes).
- Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, honey and finish off with a sprinkling of pepper.
- Serve immediately.
…in the footsteps of the shadows…