This is a quick starter, popular with everybody. It can be played up or down, with more vegetables added, or less or different ingredients. Instead of the pine nuts, pumpkin seeds can be added, in which case a roasted pumpkin seed oil would be perfect. Be sure to serve it with the courgettes still warm. A great dish for spring and summer, served on a hot spring day or a summer evening, while watching the sun fall away slowly below the horizon.
Courgette feta salad
- Olive oil, rosemary salt (or any other herbed salt)
- Four courgettes
- salad leaves – rocket, watercress, batavia…
- a handful of roasted pine nuts (or roasted flaked alomonds)
- feta cheese
- olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- teaspoon of dark honey
- Preheat the oven to 200 degr. C.
- Wash and slice the courgettes on the diagonal.
- Plce in and oven dish, sprinkle with olive oil and rosemary salt. Roast in the the oven until nicely caramelized.
- Place a mixture of washed and dried salad leaves on 4 plates.
- Serve the still warm courgettes on the salad leaves and top with crumbled feta cheese and dry roasted pine nuts (or almond flakes).
- Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, honey and finish off with a sprinkling of pepper.
- Serve immediately.
…in the footsteps of the shadows…
14 thoughts on “Courgette feta salad”
HI Ronell – Marie at Proud Italian Cook has a grilled zucchini/courgette salad posted now too. You are on the same wave length, and you both are reminding me to serve this delicious vegetable.
WoW! Look at that sea in your photo!! Beautiful…
That beach could have been Onrus beach near Hermanus.
Love the salad….at least not one to feel guilty about.
It looks so very delicious. Perfectly arranged. And walking in the footsteps of the shadows? Lovely.
That is a super yummy salad – and so beautifully plated!
Lovely looking salad, not thought about doing one with roasted courgettes before, but I will now!
(Sorry, I just realised I didn’t have my name on the comment of the previous post.)
Very unique yet oh so simple – I love it. Yet another salad to put on the table.
I might hang out here for the rest of the summer. Is that okay?
i love the idea of grilling the courgette..i cant wait to try this recipe 🙂 have a pleasant day ronell!!
I don’t know quite what it is, but zucchini and feta go so well together.
Oh Ronell, you star! I needed a salad to make for a braai this weekend and wanted something a little different to my usual carpaccio of courgettes (delicious as though that is!). I do believe I have found my salad 🙂
And I knew instantly that the beach was South African. Those long rows of jagged rocks perpendicular to the beach run all the way along the coast to PE and are so distinctive. Homesick now…
Just popped back to say that I made this salad this weekend! Instead of a braai side dish/starter, the weather meant that this was the started for an oil fondue instead, but it was a perfect light conterpoint to the meal to follow. A keeper – thanks v much!
Ah yes…more zucchini…and again a fabulous backdrop with the beach.
Comments are now closed.