On Thursday evenings I have life figure drawing class and I get home late. A vegetable tagine is always a good choice on these evenings. I make it earlier in the day and reheat it for a late dinner. I’m ravenous when I get home! Serve with a simple fluffy white rice(ok, go more heathy with full grain or wild or some other grains, but I prefer the stark whiteness of white rice ).
Vegetable tagine a la Thursday.
- Three courgettes
- Four large spring onions with the greens
- One large red bell pepper
- Four carrots
- four tomatoes
- Two potatoes
- A handful of green beans
- can of chickpeas
- A handful of petit pois(fresh or frozen)
- A cinnamon stick
- olive oil
- Cardamom pod
- Juniper berries
- Two teaspoons of curry masala
- Flatleaf parsley
- A tablespoon or two of dry roasted almonds
- About two cups of vegetable stock
- Wash and chop the vegetables into chunks.
- Mix together the spices in a mortar and pestle (except the cinnamon stick), along with some olive oil.
- Sautee the chopped onion with the spices.
- Add the carrots and potatoes and sautee for a few minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and cinnamon stick and bring to a simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and bell and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the chickpeas, green beans and and turn off the heat.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust.
- Serve in a tagine, sprinkle with the fresh petit pois, the roasted almonds and finish off with flatleaf parslay.
- Serve with white rice or couscous.
Serves 4 people
…I’ll draw, you pose…
14 thoughts on “Vegetable tagine à la Thursday.”
I love this dish. Looks so delicious.
I have bookmarked it to make them.
I too like white rice.
Forgot to say love you sketches
Beautiful food and art. Mkaes me want to takwe up sketching again.
Ahhh, you could have thrown Jeudi into the title! lol
I have my own tajine and they are wonderful for making flavours blend so well…wonderful photo.
Wow – an artist too!
I love the colors and spices of this dish! Wonderful and comforting!
The first drawing is my favorite!
So you do art on canvas and art on a plate…..the tagine is a beauty!
That tagine looks wonderful – and the combination of spices sounds fantastic. Love the firure drawings too – you are one talented lady 🙂
Looks delicious. I intend to make a lot of veggie tagines when my CSA shares kick in. Great drawings, too!
My daughters were home for last weekend and we were all living under on roof again briefly. We worked together to make this Tangine from your recipe. It was wonderful. Thanks!
The Tagine looks great. I wish I had a pot. They are so expensive here though! Your drawings are beautiful.
I just got a tagine for my birthday, and made a vegetable tagine too!
Can’t wait to try your recipe.
This looks delicious, Ronell…..definitely on my list to make. 🙂
always a delight to visit here: what more can I ask for? vegetable tangine ~ lush gardens and beautiful artwork! 😉
Comments are now closed.